Nutritious ~ Straight from the Bag! There’s no need to grind the seed as they are ready to eat straight from the bag. Hemp Hearts make it easy to add omegas, protein & fibre straight into your diet. How did we get this glorious super food into our package? Manitoba Harvest partners with farmers to deliver seed directly to our state-of-the-art, certified facility. Here we remove the hemp seed’s hard outer shell to bring you the most nutritious part – the inner kernel (aka the hemp heart). Hemp Hearts are tested for quality then sealed in a modified atmosphere package to lock in the freshness. All of our packaging has the packaged on and best before dates to ensure you’re getting the highest quality product available. Why Hemp Hearts? Hemp Hearts are packed full of protein with 10 grams of plant-based protein per 30 gram serving size. Hemp Hearts are a great way to get an ideal ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3’s including the rare EFA known as Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). Testimonials have shown that GLA alone helps with arthritis, joint mobility, eczema, hormonal balance, migraines, menopause in women, healthy cholesterol & blood pressure levels and even weight management. Check out our testimonial section to read for yourself. Hemp food is extremely easy to digest. Hemp foods contain vitamins, chlorophyll, fibre, calcium and are rich in folic acid. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts contain no additives or preservatives. Our Hemp Hearts are made in our dedicated hemp food facility that DOES NOT process any dairy, soy, nut or gluten products.
- Great tasting – Hemp Hearts have a slightly nutty taste, similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut
- Easy to use – Simply sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal and yogurt, add to smoothies and recipes or eat them straight from the package
- Incredibly nutritious – per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of easy to digest plant-based protein and 10 grams of omegas
- Hemp Hearts contain more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of Chia or Flax
- Hemp Hearts are Non-GMO Project Verified